Put two greats together and it creates an ultimate versatile source. The best example for this Kodi streaming service paired with Roku streaming device. What makes it so great is that you have full access to the device with the freedom to stream anything you want that comes with Kodi.
Kodi is not only the best application for entertainment but the most compatible too with any device!
The two giants, Kodi and Roku, put together for the best streaming experience without any cost! This 5-minute guide is articulated to help install Kodi on Roku. Skim through and get an easy solution to watch all favorite TV shows and movies for free.
How Does Roku Work?
Setup Roku on your TV in 3 easy steps.
- Plug in Roku device on TV
- Connect Roku to the internet/Wi-Fi
- Launch Roku on your TV set and you’re sorted!
How to Install Kodi on Roku
Kodi is a C/C++ application which is not supported by Roku as yet. This is why an official Kodi app for Roku isn’t launched yet, however, there are still ways to install Kodi on Roku and that is through CASTING KODI ON ROKU. Setting up Kodi on Roku is pretty simple when you follow the guide as is, step by step.
Note: Make sure that you have configured your router with VPN and that your Roku and Android/Windows device are connected with the same Wi-Fi network.
Install Kodi on Roku via Windows PC
- Open your PC and click on Start Menu
- On the search bar, type Device Settings
- To add the new device, select Add Device
- From the list that will open up, select Roku 3 as your streaming device
- After that, a purple screen will pop up on your Roku 3 indicating that you have installed Kodi on Roku successfully.
- From here on, mirror content directly from Kodi to Roku device.
Install Kodi on Roku via Android Smart TV
- Install Roku on your Android Smart TV
- Go to Roku 3 Home by pressing Home button
- Go to Settings
- Click System Update to be sure that you have an upgraded version
- Go to Settings again
- Select Screen Mirroring
- Now Click on Enable Screen Mirroring
- Click OK
- Now you can stream all media content you want via Kodi on your Roku device!
How to Turn On Screen Mirroring on Your Roku Device
- Go to the settings menu on Roku device
- Click on System
- Under System menu, select Screen Mirroring and then click on Enable Screen Mirroring
- Keep Roku on and turn on screen mirroring on your tablet, smartphone or Windows
How to Turn on Screen Mirroring on Your Android Device
- Go to Settings
- Look for an option that says ‘Display’, ‘Network, Cast’, ‘Connection’, ‘Smart View’, ‘AllShare Cast’, ‘Screen Casting’ or ‘HTC Connect’ (there is lack of standardization in Android devices thus the differences in this step)
- Once you find the mirroring option for your device, select the display you would want to connect to (Roku will show up when both your Roku and Android device are connected to the same Wi-Fi network)
- Turn the Kodi app on and enjoy watching!
How to Turn On Screen Mirroring on Your Windows Device
Note: For Windows tablet, set up a wireless display first, then proceed.
- Go to Devices tab (formerly known as Control Panel)
- Select Roku (make sure it is connected to the same network otherwise it won’t show up)
- Turn Kodi on and you’re set to go to town!
Kodi Add-ons That Work Best On Roku
There are 1000 plus best Kodi addons that are available and working smoothly. Some of the add-ons that can be installed on Roku for seamless streaming of movies, TV shows, live sports, and TV are as follows:
Movies and TV Shows
- Exodus (forks of the repo)
- Bob Unleashed
- Genesis Reborn
- 123 Movies
- Pure Sport
- Stream Engine
- Planet MMA
- Sports World
- Elektra Vault
- Maverick TV
- cCloud TV
- USTV Now
- Stream Engine
Install these add-ons from the best Kodi repositories and enjoy anything ranging from the oldest stock to the latest.
Why a VPN is Necessary When Using Kodi on Roku
There are many reasons as to why FastestVPN connectivity is absolutely necessary. The first reason holds most weight because this is interlinked with primarily the main purpose which is to enjoy any content via Kodi on Roku.
The obstacle that’s faced is that a lot of add-ons that you may want to install to stream desired content on Kodi are geo-restricted. You cannot stream the content if you are present outside the original location where the addon is based. FastestVPN helps you bypass any such geo-restrictions allowing you to watch anything you want without any hassle.
Another reason to get FastestVPN (even if the add-ons are not restricted), is protection. It may not come as a priority to many but cybercrime is real and prevention is a must! You are prone to hackers attacking your system or copyright agents tracking your activity making you vulnerable when connected to a Wi-Fi device 24/7. FastestVPN prevents spies from hacking into your system giving you full privacy and security.
To keep your Roku device and online activity safe, it is smart to get a Kodi VPN.
Setting Up Kodi on Roku with VPN
FastestVPN can be setup on Kodi or Roku in many different ways. The setup method is different for all depending on the device you use the streaming service on. To set up FastestVPN on Kodi, Roku or Kodi on Roku here’s what you need to do:
- Get FastestVPN subscription
- Download and Install app for FastestVPN if you plan to use it on Windows, Android, iOS or Mac
- If you want to use it on Kodi Box, Roku Device or Android TV, configure FastestVPN with the router
- Connect to the server location as required by the channel/add-on you want to access
- Enjoy streaming video content safely!
Add Kodi to Roku and enhance your streaming experience by two-folds! Get Kodi on Roku and stream movies, TV shows, live sports and live IPTV. Kodi on Roku is a perfect source for your entertainment needs. Don’t forget to get FastestVPN connection so you can enjoy content from anywhere in the world to your heart’s content.