The 90th Academy Awards or Oscars as we all commonly know it is going to be held next month to honor the biggest stars and the most loved movie of the year. For those who want to stream Oscars on Apple TV can breathe a sigh of relief as we bring you the best way to watch Oscars on Apple TV.
The Oscars 2018 will be held on March 4th, 2018 at the grand Dolby Theatre in LA, California. The event will be hosted by the popular TV host Jimmy Kimmel. ABC is the official broadcaster of the 2018 Oscars, furthermore, there is a wide range of streaming options available to watch your Oscars on Apple TV without cable.
How to Live stream Oscars on Apple TV
The problem many Apple TV users may face is that ABC is only available in selected American cities, which means that if you’re currently outside the US, you may not be able to enjoy the Oscars live on ABC. But the fact of the matter is there are some other free and paid channels that will broadcast the event live online, and you can log on to those channels and watch the event on time. Here is a list of online channels that will stream the event live:
Free Oscars 2018 Streaming Channels
- 9Now (Australia)
- CCTV6 (China)
- ABC Go (The USA, Requires a Cable Subscription)
- CTV (Canada, Requires a cable subscription)
Paid Oscars Streaming Channels
- NowTV (UK)
- Sky Go (UK)
- DSTV (South Africa)
- Sky Italia (Italy)
- ProSieben (Germany)
As you can see, there are many streaming channels you can choose to watch the Academy Awards 2018 live online. However, if any channel that you choose to stream Oscars on is blocked in your region, then you will need a VPN to unblock and watch Oscars on Apple TV live. The best option to watch 2018 Oscars is through 9Now, which though accessible in Australia only and will broadcast the event live for free.
So if you live outside Australia and cant access 9Now, then follow these steps to setup a VPN and successfully stream the event live on your Apple TV:
- Subscribe to FastestVPN.
- Configure FastestVPN via router on PC using the following method
- Launch the web browser and access the web configuration panel of your router
- Go to Internet >Basic or Network >WAN
- Now set the following details in each mentioned field
- WAN Connection Type: Set as “PPTP/Russia PPTP”
- Username: provided by FastestVPN
- Password: provided by FastestVPN
- Service IP Address/Name: Type in the server address you wish to connect to from our complete list of addresses.
- WAN Connection Mode: Set as “Connect on demand”
- Finally, click “Save” and then hit “Connect”
- Now connect your Apple TV Wi-Fi to the router connection
- Open the Apple TV App Store, and search for a 9Now app.
- Download and Install the 9Now app
- When the 9Now app is installed, launch it and live stream Oscars on Apple TV with ease.
That’s it! By following these steps you can get the ultimate streaming experience by live streaming the 2018 Academy Awards on Apple TV.
Guide To Streaming Oscars Live
To stream Oscars on Apple TV, you must use FastestVPN. Most 2018 Oscars offer paid subscription or even if they are free, they are only accessible in a few designated locations. To stream Oscars for free from anywhere, you need to configure FastestVPN on your router by following our Setup guide for routers.
FastestVPN configuration largely depends on the type of router you are using, and also on your current location. To watch Oscars on a free channel like Nine Network, you need to configure your router with an Australian IP that you can avail from our complete list of IP addresses from here. If you choose to watch the Oscars 2018 on ABC, you may have to pay for their streaming services.
Nine Network offer a Streaming app, 9Now that you can install on your Apple TV. But even then you won’t be able to access its streaming service until you have your router configured with FastestVPN. To watch Oscars on Apple TV for free, make sure you are connected with a FastestVPN Australian IP. By doing so, you will be able to stream Oscars with 9Now on your Apple TV with ease.
FastestVPN allows you to stream the biggest Cinema Event of the year on your Apple TV with ease. It lets you connect with different IPs and unblock thousands of geo-blocked online channels from anywhere on your preferred devices.
Oscars 2018 Nominations are already set, and fans are only waiting for the big event to start. If you have missed the Oscars Nominations for 2018, then here are the top categories that you may be interested in knowing before the Oscars ceremony kicks off on the 4th of March.
Oscars 2018 Nominations
- “Call Me by Your Name”
- “Darkest Hour”
- “Get Out”
- “Lady Bird”
- “Phantom Thread”
- “The Post”
- “The Shape of Water”
- “Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri”
ACTOR IN A LEADING ROLE
- Daniel Day-Lewis, “Phantom Thread”
- Daniel Kaluuya, “Get Out”
- Denzel Washington, “Roman J. Israel, Esq.”
- Gary Oldman, “Darkest Hour”
- Timothée Chalamet, “Call Me by Your Name”
ACTRESS IN A LEADING ROLE
- Frances McDormand, “Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri”
- Margot Robbie, “I, Tonya”
- Meryl Streep, “The Post”
- Saoirse Ronan, “Lady Bird”
- Sally Hawkins, “The Shape of Water”
ACTOR IN A SUPPORTING ROLE
- Christopher Plummer, “All the Money in the World”
- Richard Jenkins, “The Shape of Water”
- Sam Rockwell, “Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri”
- Willem Dafoe, “The Florida Project”
- Woody Harrelson, “Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri”
To see the list of Oscar Nominees, check the official Oscars 2018 website here.
Oscars 2018 Predictions
So what are your predictions for the Oscars? Which movie will be crowned the best of the year, and who will become the best actor and actress in the world? It’s all going to be decided come March 4 at the Dolby Theatre in LA. One thing is for sure, you will have it much easier to stream the 2018 Academy Awards on Apple TV if you follow our easy guide for the Oscars 2018 above.