The stage for the biggest Awards ceremony is all set. We are talking about the 90th Academy Awards or Oscars, and fans around the world can’t wait to experience the joy and their favorite stars get honored with the biggest award of all. The user who wants to stream the Oscars on Xbox needs not to worry as we provide you the simplest guide to streaming the Oscars on Xbox devices.
The preparations for the Oscars are always big. The biggest stars will be taking the center stage and giving us the best show of the year. The event will be taking place at the Dolby Theater in Los Angles, California and thousands of fans will be attending the event to join their favorite stars in winning the Oscars. Furthermore, millions of viewers will be glued to their screens to watch the event live. For those who may not be able to watch the awards live due to broadcast restrictions, there are other ways to stream the Oscars live on Xbox.
How to Stream Oscars on Xbox Devices
ABC is the official broadcaster for Oscars 2018 in the US. So US citizens can enjoy the event live on their TV easily. Those regions that don’t have ABC subscription may have to rely on streaming services. There are many popular streaming channels that will broadcast the event, and some of them are free.
OSCARS 2018 STREAMING CHANNELS
To watch the Oscars live on Xbox, here is a list of channels that you can log on to and stream the awards live:
Free Streaming Channels
- 9Now (Australia)
- CCTV6 (China)
- CTV (Canada, Requires cable subscription)
- ABC Go (The USA, Requires cable Subscription)
Paid Streaming Channels
- NowTV (UK)
- Sky Go (UK)
- DSTV (South Africa)
- Sky Italia (Italy)
- ProSieben (Germany)
The best free channel to stream Oscars on Xbox is 9Now. But since 9Now is only available in Australia, you will need to be located in Australia to watch the event live. But wait, this is where FastestVPN can help you. By using FastestVPN you can change your IP with an Australian IP and watch Academy Awards on Xbox with ease.
So if you want to unblock 9Now by connecting to an Australian IP and watch the 2018 Oscars on Xbox live, follow these below steps:
- Subscribe to FastestVPN
- Configure FastestVPN via router on your computer or Mobile device using the following method
- Open your web browser and access the web configuration panel of your router
- Go to Network> WAN or Internet > Basic
- Now use the following details in the mentioned fields
- WAN Connection Type: “PPTP/Russia PPTP”
- Username: Enter the Username provided by FastestVPN
- Password: Enter the Password provided by FastestVPN
- Service IP Address/Name: enter the server address you want to connect to from our list of addresses here.
- WAN Connection Mode: “Connect on demand”
- Finally, click the Save button and then hit “Connect”
- Now connect your Xbox device to the router connection
- Launch Xbox browser and go to the Nine Network website.
- Look for Oscars 2018 Live stream and enjoy watching it on your Xbox device
There you go! By following the above steps you will be able to unblock 9Now streaming service and enjoy the biggest award event – the 2018 Oscars on Xbox device.
Guide to Streaming Oscars 2018 Live
To watch Oscars on your Xbox, you must use FastestVPN. Why? Because most online streaming channels only provide paid services, and even if you find a free channel for Oscars, they may very well be geo-blocked in your country or region. But by using a VPN, you will be able to watch Academy Awards on Xbox from anywhere.
To be able to watch Oscars on Xbox, you will need to configure FastestVPN on your Xbox through a router. For instance, if you want to watch Oscars on 9Now, then you must have an Australian IP. By connecting to FastestVPN Australian servers, your IP address will be masked with an Australian IP address, making you eligible to access Nine Network website and stream the Oscars live on your Xbox.
You cannot install the 9Now app on your Xbox, but you can easily access the website with FastestVPN. FastestVPN allows you to connect to different server locations including United States, United Kingdom, Canada, Australia, etc., and unblock thousands of geo-blocked websites and streaming channels from anywhere in seconds.
The Oscars 2018 is just around the corner, and fans are eagerly anticipating the buildup to the mega event. For those of you have missed the 2018 Oscars Nominations, here is are the nominees of the most important categories you should know about before the event commences:
OSCARS 2018 NOMINATIONS
- “Call Me by Your Name”
- “Darkest Hour”
- “Get Out”
- “Lady Bird”
- “Phantom Thread”
- “The Post”
- “The Shape of Water”
- “Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri”
ACTOR IN A LEADING ROLE
- Denzel Washington, “Roman J. Israel, Esq.”
- Daniel Day-Lewis, “Phantom Thread”
- Daniel Kaluuya, “Get Out”
- Gary Oldman, “Darkest Hour”
- Timothée Chalamet, “Call Me by Your Name”
ACTRESS IN A LEADING ROLE
- Meryl Streep, “The Post”
- Frances McDormand, “Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri”
- Sally Hawkins, “The Shape of Water”
- Margot Robbie, “I, Tonya”
- Saoirse Ronan, “Lady Bird”
ACTOR IN A SUPPORTING ROLE
- Richard Jenkins, “The Shape of Water”
- Willem Dafoe, “The Florida Project”
- Woody Harrelson, “Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri”
- Christopher Plummer, “All the Money in the World”
- Sam Rockwell, “Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri”
To view the full list of Oscar Nominees, visit the official website here.
OSCARS 2018 PREDICTIONS
Oscars is the place for recognition, it’s the platform where the best of the best are honored for their performance in the film industry. The 2018 Oscars will surely guarantee a breathtaking experience for millions of viewers around the world. Whether you watch the Oscars on your TV or stream Oscars on Xbox, with our guide you can easily configure your Xbox and watch the Oscars live on your preferred devices with absolute ease.