It wouldn’t be any surprise if we referred to Netflix as the most-popular digital streaming service. The video streaming platform sparked a revolution in the digital streaming services space, influencing the inception of many other services. As its popularity grew, so did its availability on platforms. You can even get Netflix on Kodi easily.
Netflix remains one of the best video-streaming services with 139 million subscribers worldwide – and growing. It’s hard to look away from the influence Netflix has had in the digital streaming space, the app is available for virtually every platform. If you’re looking to watch Netflix on Kodi then allow us to guide you.
What is Netflix on Kodi?
Simply put, Netflix is a media company that provides digital services. But Netflix is more commonly known as the digital video-streaming service. It’s known as the best video-streaming platform, and for good reason.
It boasts the largest collection of Movies, TV Shows, and Documentaries that include both English and international content. Over the years, Netflix has established itself as a publisher as well by producing original movies and TV shows under the banner of “Netflix Originals”. This has led to even more popularity among entertainment enthusiasts.
TV shows like DareDevil, The Punisher, The Crown, Stranger Things, 13 Reasons Why, Narcos, and many more are the reason why Netflix’s subscriber count is reaching new milestones. Netflix is close to hitting 150 million subscriber worldwide.
Read on as we explain how to get Netflix on Kodi.
Why do You Need VPN for Netflix on Kodi?
As the case with all digital streaming services, content on the platform has to abide by state laws. These laws differ by region to region, but ultimately results in a curated library. Content available in one region may not be available in another region. Some regions take a censored approach to certain types of content, so movies and TV shows may end up trimmed from certain types of content.
So, if you’re accessing Netflix on Kodi from say the United States, you won’t be able to access the entire Netflix library. But there’s a solution for that, and that’s VPN.
Netflix on Kodi allows you access content by spoofing your location by using a private IP address. You can mask your location to bypass such geo-restriction, not just on Netflix but many other digital streaming services. Netflix US is the most preferred region by users.
How to Install Netflix on Kodi v18 Leia
This method works with Kodi version 18 “Leia”. So, the first thing you need to do is download the latest Kodi build. Once you have the latest Kodi version on your device, follow the steps below to install Netflix on Kodi:
- Subscribe to FastestVPN
- Configure FastestVPN in your Router or download the app if available for your device
- Connect your device to the Router or launch the VPN app
- Install the latest version of Kodi on your device
- Launch Kodi app
- Click on the Settings icon on the top-left corner
- Click on File Manager
- From the menu on left, click on Add Source and then select NONE
- Enter this link in the URL field http://fusion.tvaddons.co and hit OK
- Go back and click on Settings and select Install from Zip File
- Navigate to Fusion > kodi-repos > english > repository.netflix-1.0.1.zip
- Double-click it to install
- Go back and click on Settings again and select Install from Repository
- Navigate to Netflix Addon Repository > Video addons > Netflix
- Click on it to Install and then confirm version selection on the next screen
- Now select Install from Repository again
- Select VideoPlayer InputStream and install InputStream Adaptive
- Launch Netflix app from the add-ons menu and enjoy Netflix on Kodi!
It should be kept in mind that this will only allow to run Netflix on Kodi, it will not unblock the various content for you. To bypass geo-restriction, you need to use FastestVPN’s servers.
Alternative addons for Netflix on Kodi
Netflix add-ons have stopped working in the past when new builds were introduced. To avoid running into this situation, here is a list of Kodi addons that serve the latest movies, TV shows, and a lot more.
- iPlayer WWW
- PS Vue
- Poseidon TV
Conclusion – Netflix on Kodi
The sweet thing about the Netflix on Kodi is that it works flawlessly just like the official add-on. Although this add-on doesn’t feature the same visual interface as the official app, but navigating through the list of content is easy. Just log-in with your account and access the Netflix library easily. Watch Netflix on Kodi from anywhere in the world with the power of VPN.