Do you live outside of the UK and want to watch BBC iPlayer abroad? By using a VPN or Virtual Private Network for iPlayer, you can now watch all BBC channels from any part of the world. Since BBC iPlayer can be accessed only in the UK, you will need the best VPN to able to get the BBC iPlayer working.
In this article, we will be explaining everything you need to know to access BBC iPlayer abroad (outside the UK).
How to Watch iPlayer Abroad
To be able to watch BBC iPlayer abroad, you need to sign up with a VPN provider. There are so many VPN providers available, and FastestVPN is certainly at the top when it comes to access BBC iPlayer.
- After signing up with a VPN provider, download and install the VPN software to your Mac, PC or smartphones.
- Start the app and sign in with your VPN account.
- Now, the most important thing connect to a UK VPN server.
- Launch the iPlayer app or go to the iPlayer website and you will be able to watch BBC iPlayer abroad from anywhere outside the UK.
Watch BBC Live Online in the USA
Americans love to watch BBC channels. But since the BBC iPlayer is blocked there, you may not be able to access it unless you have VPN. Using a VPN enables viewers in America to stream all BBC channels. To unblock and access BBC iPlayer abroad, and watch your favorite BBC programs online, follow these steps:
- Sign up for VPN service
- Download and install the VPN app
- Select ‘UK’ as your location
- Launch the BBC iPlayer
- Stream and enjoy your favorite BBC channels
Watch BBC Live Online in Australia
Not only Americans, but Australian viewers can also stream BBC iPlayer abroad and enjoy the live streaming experience watching their favorite programs and shows without facing geo-restrictions. To watch BBC channels online in Australia, you must first purchase a VPN service and then:
- Download and install VPN app on your device
- Configure the server location to UK region
- Launch or open BBC iplayer abroad on your browser
- Search and stream your favorite BBC programs
Watch BBC iPlayer abroad Live in Canada
Just like the US, viewers in Canada are also restricted to stream BBC channels. In order to watch BBC programs, Canadian viewers need a reliable VPN provider. VPN allows you to stream your favorite BBC programs from anywhere in the world, and Canada is no exception. To access BBC iPlayer in Canada:
- Sign up for a VPN service
- install the VPN app and configure your location server to UK region
- Launch the BBC iPlayer app and browse your favorite BBC channels and programs
- Enjoy live streaming of BBC iPlayer with complete ease
Watch BBC iPlayer abroad Live in Deutschland
Even though one of the neighboring countries of the UK, Germans are also restricted to accessing BBC channels. For them to get unlimited access, they need to sign up to a top VPN provider such as FastestVPN.
- Get a VPN
- Configure the VPN app by Selecting ‘UK’ as your server location
- Launch the BBC iPlayer app and stream your favorite BBC programs with ease
Watch BBC One Live-Stream Outside UK
BBC One is the flagship television channel of BBC in the United Kingdom and is a total family channel that broadcasts TV shows, music, news, and sports to viewers in the UK. It is one of the biggest and most popular UK channels in the world today and is watched by Millions of people every day. However BBC one is only available to UK viewers only.
Since it broadcasts almost everything, many people outside the UK also want to watch it, but due to the restrictions, it becomes impossible. But not entirely, if you subscribe to a VPN service you can access BBC iPlayer from any device at your home or even office. To watch BBC One on your device, get a VPN service, install their app and set your location to the UK. Then follow the steps given below:
- When you have the VPN ready, run the BBC iPlayer or open it on any browser
- Search for BBC One
- Select and enjoy watching any program on BBC One live streaming
Watch BBC Two Live-Stream Outside UK
BBC Two is the second most popular TV channel of BBC in the UK after BBC One. It covers a wide range of TV shows and programs that are informative and serious as compared to what we see on BBC One. Again, BBC Two is not available for international viewers. BUT, this doesn’t mean that you cannot view it anyhow. An easy way to watch BBC Two is by getting a VPN. A VPN will allow you to access BBC iPlayer by virtually relocating your devices to an IP address from UK, enabling you to stream BBC Two online. But that’s not all, you can also watch other BBC channels as well and more. To watch BBC Two live-stream:
- Get a VPN service
- Install it on your device
- In the settings, set your current location to UK (doing this will relocate your to a new IP address)
- After configuring the VPN, launch the iPlayer or open the BBC iPlayer on any browser
- Search and select BBC Two to view the program lists
- Now you can enjoy BBC Two live streaming without having to spend a penny
Watch BBC Three Live-Stream Outside UK
BBC Three is another popular entertainment channel by BBC. It was launched as a replacement for BBC Choice and targets an audience of viewers between 15 to 34 years old. Just like BBC One, it also covers almost every genre, including comedy, current affairs, drama, and animation.
BBC Three can also be viewed online via the BBC iPlayer, but only if you live in the UK. People living outside the UK may face restriction issues when they try to watch BBC three online. To watch BBC three from anywhere other than the UK, of course VPN is a must in order to watch and enjoy the live streaming of BBC Three without any restrictions and lag. Apart from that, you also need a free account of BBC iPlayer to watch BBC three. Then you must:
- Configure the VPN and set your location to the UK
- Open the BBC iPlayer website or launch BBC iPlayer
- Stream your favorite BBC Three programs with ease and comfort
Watch BBC Four Live-Stream Outside UK
BBC Four is a last of the series by BBC and available to digital TV viewers in the UK. The channel shows a wide range of shows including drama, music, comedy, documentaries, international film, original programmes, and current affairs. And just like BBC One, Two, and Three, but since BBC iPlayer is blocked for viewers outside the UK, watching our favorite comedy shows and music has become really difficult. But yes, it can be accessed via a VPN no matter where you live. Follow these 4 steps to successfully watch BBC four on your iPlayer:
- Get a VPN service
- Install and then configure it by setting your server location to “UK”
- Now open the iPlayer website on your browser or launch the BBC iPlayer on your device
- Search for BBC Four and start watching live streaming of popular programmes of BBC Four
Watch CBBC Live-Stream Outside UK
CBBC is a children’s television channel by BBC and is aimed for kids aged 6 and above. It broadcasts a wide range of cartoons and educational shows for kids in the UK, meaning that kids outside the UK cannot view them. Not for long if you have a VPN on your devices. A VPN can be configured to allow you to watch and access websites and streams that are blocked in your country. Use a VPN to unblock BBC iPlayer and do the following.
- Open your iPlayer app or browse its website in any browser
- Search and select CBBC on the iPlayer
- You will be presented with a wide range of CBBC programs that you can play for your kids
Watch BBC News Live-Stream Outside UK
BBC News is one of the oldest and most popular BBC channels. It is responsible for gathering and broadcasting news and current affairs from around the world. BBC is the world’s largest news broadcasting company and produces around 120 hours of television and radio programmes each day, including online news streaming.
BBC News offers authentic News and is the most trusted British News channel. Be it in the office or at home, millions of people watch BBC News live. Although the BBC iPlayer broadcasts news worldwide, its online streaming is blocked for viewers outside the UK. But this doesn’t mean that you can never watch it. You can actually, by using a VPN service. A VPN will allocate your device to an IP address in UK, allowing you to watch and browse content from UK websites and apps. Follow the given steps to successfully access the iPlayer.
- Open the VPN settings and choose “UK” as your current location
- Run the iPlayer or run the iPlayer site on your browser
- Select BBC News and then choose from a range of programs and enjoy watching news shows and programs
Watch CBEEBIES Live-Stream Outside UK
CBeebies is an entertainment channel by BBC for kids aimed at encouraging the educating children aged under 6 and providing high-quality content for toddlers to understand. Cbeebies has won numerous awards and is the most-watched kid’s channel in the UK and the 8th most-watched in the world.
Cbeebies broadcasts different content for infants and toddlers but mostly animated cartoons. It is available to viewers in the UK through cable, IPTV, and online streaming. But when it comes to viewers outside the UK, Cbeebies cannot be accessed or viewed unless you have are a licensed UK citizen. However, viewing Cbeebies isn’t impossible entirely. Viewers from the outside UK can still let their kids watch Cbeebies by getting a VPN like FastestVPN. A VPN will relocate your smartphone, smart TV, PS or any device and relocate it to an IP address from UK. This will grant you the access to BBC iPlayer. Follow the steps below and you will be able to play high-quality cartoons and shows for your kids:
- Open the VPN and configure your current location as “UK” in the setting
- Now open the iPlayer find CBEEBIES to play the live streaming video
- Or open the browser and search for Cbeebies, select any program from the listings and let your kids enjoy the live streaming of CBEEBIES shows and cartoons with your kids
Get BBC IPlayer abroad on Kodi Outside UK
Kodi is a free, open-source media application and is the most sought-after media center in the world right now. Kodi can be used on different hardware and OS platforms, with a large interface that can be accessed with any TV and a remote control. Kodi allows users to view all types of streaming media including music, videos, and podcasts. It is a commonly used media player around the world to watch literally everything TV shows, dramas, music videos, documentary and many more. The best thing about Kodi is that it gives users a wide collection of add-ons and repositories.
Kodi users in the UK can easily watch their favorite BBC programmes with its “iPlayer WWW” add-on that offers exclusive British content. But the fact remains that it is only available to users living in the UK only. It enables users outside UK to watch BBC channels on their device via Kodi VPN, the best option is to get a UK VPN that will relink you to a UK IP address.
Therefore, get your UK-configured VPN like FastestVPN on your Kodi device using a router, and do the rest mentioned below:
- Select “Add-ons” from the home screen and then select ‘Install from repository’
- Click on ‘Video Add-ons’, and then select ‘iPlayer WWW’
- A popup will appear that will allow you to install the add-on
- Now open your iPlayer and watch all BBC programs and shows with ease.
Get BBC iPlayer abroad on Apple TV Outside UK
The BBC iPlayer is now available on Apple TV 4 in the UK. BBC iPlayer is the most popular streaming channel in the world. So there is no wonder that people in the USA, Canada, Australia, Germany, and other countries want to unblock watch BBC iPlayer on their Apple TV outside the UK. Unblocking the BBC iPlayer is really easy using a VPN or DNS. Both methods will let users bypass geo-restrictions and access BBC UK television channels from anywhere in the world. But VPN is the easiest and simplest of the two. Here is how you can unblock and watch BBC channels when you purchase VPN services:
- Configure the VPN app on your Apple TV by connecting it to a router
- Open the BBC iPlayer website or the app on your Apple TV
- Enjoy BBC iPlayer’s offerings 24/7
Get BBC IPlayer abroad on Roku Outside UK
Roku is a digital media player that provides exclusive content in the form of channels to users worldwide. The Roku device when connected to an Internet router a wide range of features and options to stream media. Since it’s a set-top box, you need a TV or display device to use it. For UK users, Roku offers a range of UK channels and apps that can be accessed for free. For users outside the UK, accessing UK channels especially BBC iPlayer on their Roku device requires the data traffic to be coming from the UK, or at least seem like it is coming from the UK. You will be able to access UK channels but there will be no streaming. For which, you need a VPN or DNS service. So, this is what you need to do first.
- Reset the Roku device
- Configure FastestVPN on your Roku device connected to a router
- Create a new Roku account
- Log in with your new account
- Add UK channels
- Search BBC iPlayer website on your Roku browser
- BBC iPlayer ready for streaming
How to Get BBC IPlayer abroad on Samsung Smart TV
To watch BBC iPlayer on your Samsung smart TV, downloading UK apps isn’t enough if you’re not living in the UK. You will still need to change you appear as if you live in the UK to unblock BBC iPlayer outside the UK. To unblock and avail UK’s premier streaming service, you need to get a UK VPN server that will allow you to relocate your router to a UK IP address. To enable VPN on your Samsung Smart TV:
- Sign up with a fast VPN provider
- Setup VPN to your internet router
- When configuring the VPN on your router, choose a UK VPN server
- Now you will be able to access UK apps and BBC iPlayer on your Samsung Smart TV
How to Create BBC iPlayer Account outside the UK?
People who live outside the UK need to register a BBC iPlayer account in order to access live streaming of BBC channels. The registration is free, but users also need VPN to watch the live stream. To sign up for a BBC iPlayer account in US, Australia, Canada or anywhere else outside the UK, follow these steps:
- Go to the BBC iPlayer website and then to their registration page
- Enter your date of birth and click the ‘Next’ button
- Now, you need to enter your email address and set a unique password
- Choose the United Kingdom as your country
- Enter “WC1X 0AA” in the postcode field
- Finally, click on ‘Register’
- That’s all. You’ll shortly receive an email from BBC to verify your email address and complete the registration, go to the given link and finish your registration
- Now you can go to BBC iPlayer and watch your favorite programmes
Unblock BBC iPlayer abroad outside the UK – VPN vs Smart DNS Proxies
Smart DNS proxies are easy to configure and can get you ready in seconds. All you need to do is to sign-up to a DNS service provider and add the servers to your device
- Smart DNS has two drawbacks; it will only allow UK channels that are supported, and it only pipes relevant traffic to the UK which may speed up the connection but it will not encrypt the whole traffic, thus, compromising on privacy
- If your ISP does apply DNS Hijacking or Transparent proxies then you will need to use VPN as Smart DNS proxies won’t work for you
- Another downside to DNS is that ISP can apply for DNS hijacking or transparent proxies against you, making it an unreliable option
VPN providers like FastestVPN let you choose different locations covering almost every country globally, including the UK.
- VPN encrypted all your traffic
- Your internet service provider will not be able to monitor your Internet activities
- Installing and configuring a VPN application on PC, iOS, Android, or Mac is really easy
- The downside is that your device has to support VPN. This means that your Smart TV, for example, will not work. Unless you have a router that does support VPN of course
- The only downside to using a VPN is that your device has to support it. Meaning that Smart TV doesn’t support VPN so you will need a router to support the VPN, then connect your TV with the router
BBC iPlayer Compatible Devices
The BBC iPlayer app is compatible with almost all streaming platforms:
- Samsung Smart TV
- LG Smart TV
- Sony Smart TV
- Amazon Fire TV
- Now TV
- Apple TV 4
No matter whether you are a student learning English, or a British living outside the UK, watching BBC iPlayer abroad outside the UK is now possible. Using a VPN is a fast and reliable solution to access block content securely and will allow you to access UK online streaming service anywhere in the world. It doesn’t matter which BBC programme you want to watch on your devices, VPN lets you watch anything, anywhere and with full security. FastestVPN is one of the best VPN service provider for UK channels. You can subscribe to FastestVPN to access BBC channels. It’s Fast and reliable!