2017 ended with a bang with UFC 219 where Cyborg and Holm fight to defend their title for Women Featherweight. 2018 was equally looked forward to, for UFC 220 on the 20th of January. What is up next is UFC 221 on the 10th of February 2018. If you’re looking for ways to watch the big match UFC on Kodi for free, look no more. To excite your experience further, we have a solution for you to watch UFC on Kodi!
- Event on: February 10, 2018
- Event: UFC 221
- Contenders: Romero vs. Rockhold
- Location: Perth Arena, Perth, Australia
It is tried and tested that Kodi add-ons work fittingly well for all big events that you desire to watch but maybe geo-restricted in your country.
We have two workarounds to do so. To live stream UFC on Kodi, we can tell you how to do that on Kodi for absolutely free! Go through this read to find out how to watch UFC on Kodi with complete ease without worrying about any geo-restrictions.
Live Stream UFC 221 on Kodi
UFC has a large scale of fan following, globally. It is perceived as the most popular mixed martial arts tournament. The problem that arises is that the fans are from all around the world while the event is aired in only specific countries, on specific channels. To make matters more complex, the channels are geo-blocked which means you’re out of luck if you’re not in any one of these countries.
Though why should you miss all the action when you can watch the live stream of UFC on Kodi? All you have to do is pair Kodi with a VPN and unblock region-locked channels and content without actually living in any of those countries. The solution is simple and convenient.
The procedure may seem long, but it is simple, really. Here is what you need:
- Subscribe to FastestVPN
- Configure it on Kodi
- Before you connect your FastestVPN app, change your IP location to UK or US
- Install Planet MMA Add-on on Kodi from Supremacy repository
Enjoy live streaming of UFC on Kodi with complete internet freedom owing to FastestVPN!
How to set up Planet MMA on Kodi
The Planet MMA add-on is by far proven to be the best Kodi add-on. Not only can you watch UFC fight but you can also watch movies, TV shows and more. Though when content is geo-restricted (which most of it is) you need FastestVPN to proceed.
To install Planet MMA add-on, you need to add Supremacy repository first. Here is how:
(Heads up: We are using the latest build of Kodi, which is Kodi v17.4 “Krypton”)
- Launch Kodi
- Go to Settings
- Go to File Manager
- Click on Add Source twice (one on the left side)
- Tap “None” and type http://supremacy.org.uk/zip/repo in the field
- Name it “Supremacy” or any name that would be easy to remember
- Click OK
- Return back to home screen and go to Add-ons
- Click on the package installer icon in the top left corner
- Select ‘Install from zip file‘
- Now select ‘Supremacy’ (or any other name you saved it as) folder
- Select the ‘repository.supremacy-1.5‘ file
- Wait for the notification to pop up in the top right corner, stating ‘Add-on Installed’
- Go back and select the packages installer icon and then select ‘Install from repository‘
- Select “Supremacy”
- Go to Video Add-ons
- Select Planet MMA and click on “install”
- Wait for the notification to pop up in the top right corner, stating ‘Planet MMA Add-on Installed‘
- Go to Add-ons and click on Planet MMA to launch it
The add-on may not run due to geo-restrictions. Simply connect to a Kodi VPN and have it your way. It is advised to run a VPN for Kodi while using Kodi so you cannot be tracked by government or your internet service provider.
Ta-da! You are now done. Planet MMA is installed and all you have to do is wait until the UFC fight night.
To play it safe, use FastestVPN for anonymity and avoid any DMCA notices that may come your way otherwise.
Watch UFC 221 Online with UFC Fight Pass on Kodi
The second option to go about it is to watch UFC live on Kodi with UFC Fight Pass. This is not a free hack though. To stream UFC on Kodi with UFC Fight Pass, here is what you need to do:
- Connect to FastestVPN’s US server
- Navigate to UFC Fight Pass and subscribe to an account
- Enjoy Romero vs. Rockhold online on Kodi
How to Watch UFC 221 with Fight Pass
- Download the Portse repo and save in a location you can find easily later
- Launch Kodi app and click on the Settings Icon in the top left corner
- Then, go to System Settings. Click on Add-ons
(Do turn on ‘Unknown Sources’ so you are able to install third-party add-ons.)
- Go back to the Kodi home screen, and select Add-ons.
- Click on the Package Installer Icon at the top left corner.
- Choose ‘Install from Zip File’
- Locate the file you had previously downloaded (Portse repo)
- Click on it to install it
- Wait for the notification to pop up in the top right corner, stating “Portse repo enabled”
- Now select ‘Install from Repo’. Go to ‘Portse repo’ and select ‘Video add-ons’.
- Click on UFC Fight Pass on to install it.
- Again, wait for the video add-on enabled notification.
Where to Watch UFC 221 Online?
Here’s the list of channels from where you can watch UFC 221.
|United States||Fox Sports|
|United Kingdom||BT Sports|
As mentioned, you will need your UFC Fight Pass credentials to watch the live events. You also necessarily need a VPN so you can spoof your location from prying eyes. Bottom line is, whichever method you may prefer out of the two, you definitely need to configure FastestVPN to watch UFC on Kodi.